Cartoons and Crafts and Christmas

December passed by in a blur of seasonal flu symptoms. Though semi-shutins for the entire month, we did get to celebrate Christmas with my family here in town. I got my DIY gift done the night before, of course, which I actually started in October. Why is it that no matter how far in advance I start something, I always finish it the night before? Maybe because I have such a lofty idea of what it could be, that the closer I come to finishing it, the more reluctant I am to accept it for what it is.

The cross stitch is based on the opening image from Cartoon Network's Over the Garden Wall. I made it for my sister-in-law since she first introduced me to the show, and there is just not enough out in the world through which to enjoy the art work aside from watching and re-watching the series.


I have been thinking about felting some characters from OTGW as well. Felting is a new thing for me which began with my favorite character from another Cartoon Network show with much more SWAG, Adventure Time. However, I've never seen anything of Sweet P. His little fox friend is from here, a fellow crafter who graciously donated felting needles and supplies for a group of us felting novices to learn on and stab our fingers repeatedly with.


Although Sweet P remains home with us, I continued to felt a few more things for presents.

Peach and Pear on a barrette

Sheep Ornament in Peach and Pear colors

Baby Blue Fawn

I am very texture oriented, so this craft is really satisfying to me. In fact, one thing that totally caught my eye when we did our Christmas shopping this year was based on texture. 

This Beethoven bust is fuzzy! Besides the price tag and royal blue not meshing with our living room decor, my husband forbade this coming home with us because the idea of my stroking Beethoven's face was too weird. But what if I felted one in midnight green? Too much?


I conclude once again with my fuzzy friend Enkidu, who went back to his own home this week. We enjoyed having him around for our very low-key Christmas season! 




Comments

Popular Posts